Green Olive Extra Virgin Oil
Our olive grove, located in the valley of the Tabernas desert, in Almería, has a unique microclimate. Indeed, it is located next to the Mediterranean coast and has the greatest number of hours of sunshine per year in Europe. This allows us to obtain superior olives, and, cold-pressed, they produce an extra virgin olive oil that is unique in the world.
Taste and Aromas
Spicy and bitter with an excellent and pleasant balance, and a characteristic fruity of the environment. In addition, its early harvesting allows us to enjoy a long fruity aftertaste that makes all its qualities and freshness pleasant. Thus, it shows its personality on the nose with fruity olives of medium maturity, notes of freshly cut grass and banana.
Pairing dishes and recommendations for dressing in raw Green Olive
- Salads with raw or grilled vegetables, only tomato, gazpacho, salmorejo and all kinds of vegan dishes
- Baked, cooked or smoked fish
- Red or white meats, ham and carpaccio
- Cheese of any kind, especially strong flavors
- Rice for any recipe, risottos or steamed white rice with pepper
- All kinds of pasta with the “garlic and oil” recipe
- Ham, sausage, smoked salmon or tuna sandwiches
- Toast with natural tomato, or with honey (Desert Toast)
- For cooking, we recommend it especially for Stews and Paellas. Not recommended for frying
Castillo de Tabernas Oil Mill
It produces one of the best extra virgin olive oils that can be found on the market. It is, in fact, the application of the most advanced technology to a natural and traditional process. A guided tour allows you to see up close the secrets of our extra virgin olive oil 0.1º.
Castillo de Tabernas has some components that provide important health benefits. These are collected in two studies, by the Food Technology Area of the University of Almería, and by CITOLIVA, the Technological Center for Olive Groves and Olive Oil.
These two studies on health benefits are based on the composition of EVOO Castillo de Tabernas.