XY, Extra Virgin Picudo oil, with the Denomination of Origin Priego de Córdoba, to the southeast of the province of Córdoba, in the Sierra Subbética. Therefore, it enjoys a microclimate of high rainfall and great thermal oscillation, mountainous, which favors a peculiar olive grove with indigenous varieties cultivated for generations. XY, refers to the coordinates where your headquarters are located.
The Picudo variety is an autochthonous variety and the most representative of the Priego de Córdoba, a minority in the rest of the national olive-growing territory, cultivated mainly in the south of the provinces of Córdoba and Granada. The Priego de Córdoba Designation of Origin already has 12 brands of extra virgin olive oil protected.
XY offers us an intense and bright green color, a very fruity aroma, in which the tones of tomato, grass and green leaves, and an almond touch. Smooth on the palate, with some piquant and bitterness at the end, the whole set is perfectly balanced and harmonious. In the retronasal phase it reminds us again of green olfactory notes.
Let us remember that the greener the olives are collected, the higher the density of polyphenols that is extracted from their oil, and therefore the greater the benefit for our health.
XY, Olivares in Priego de Córdoba
Our EVOO was put on sale for the first time in January 2017, and in just this time it has already received important recognitions:
- February 2017, XY was included in the specialized magazine Vinos de Élite
- March 2017 was included in the GASTROLEUM
- Included in the Guide of the III RM Health & Delight Contest
- Distinction at the L ‘Orciolo d`Oro International Competition, Enohobby Club dei Colli Malatestiani (Pesaro, Italy)
- In April 2017, Radio Tourism Gold Medal
- June 2017, included in the Honor Roll of the Wine Guide 2017 of the Wine Week
- July 2017, Gold Medal at London International Olive Oil IOOC
- In 2019 among the 9 best in the world in Olive Japan, Tokyo
- In 2020 Gold Medal at NYIOOC, New York